How to Apply
- Obtain loan forms from our website or request loan forms by mail. Review the forms and contact us if you have any questions.
- Complete and return the Loan Application Form by mail to the Loan Fund Office.
- Arrange to have your Guarantors (usually two) complete and return by mail the Guarantor’s Information Form*, which includes an authorization to Obtain a Credit History and their Consent of the loan. The Application Form includes two copies of the Guarantor Information Forms.All forms must be completed in full in order to be considered for a loan. Guarantors will be contacted to confirm their understanding of their responsibility.* In lieu of completing a Guarantor’s Information Form, a Guarantor may elect to provide JIFLA with cash security, the amount of which to be mutually agreed upon between Guarantor and JIFLA
- Meet with a loan coordinator. If you meet the basic loan criteria you will be contacted by telephone to schedule an appointment.
- Within 1-2 weeks of your appointment, the Loan Committee will meet to review your application and you will be notified of approval or denial by mail or telephone call.
- Upon approval, you will be contacted by telephone to schedule an appointment. At the appointment, you will receive a Promissory Note, Loan Disclosure and Bank Account Debit Authorization Form to execute. Upon signing the documents you will receive the loan check.