Next Generation of Jewish Leaders, Advocates Will Help Connect Young Professionals & Provide Interest-Free Loans to Metro Atlanta Jews in Need
ATLANTA, GA, JUNE 24, 2021 – Jewish Interest-Free Loan of Atlanta (JIFLA) today announces the organization’s first-ever Young Professional Committee class, composed of Jewish leaders and advocates from across metro Atlanta committed to the Jewish values of Tzedakah (charity), Gemilut Hasadim (acts of kindness), and supporting the community at large. This committee will advise the organization on new loan programs, advocacy ideas, and serve as JIFLA ambassadors to other young professionals.
Members of the inaugural class represent the diversity of our Jewish community. This forward-thinking group of professionals will reach new audiences to share the good work of JIFLA.
The 2021-2022 JIFLA Young Professional Committee includes:
- Meagan Bilus- HBO, Finance Manager
- Michael Bilus- Wells Fargo, Financial Analyst
- Jacob Cynman- CDRW, Partner & Co-Founder
- Jason Feldman- JMF INC. PR & Communications Agency, Founder
- Eli Franco- Compass, Agent Experience Manager
- Lindsay Fried- Simply Admissions, Founder
- Elli Friedman- Aprio, Private Client Services Tax Associate
- Alex M. Joseph- GRSMB, Attorney
- Nir Levy- OneTable, Field Manager
- Jonathan Newburgh- Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta, Impact Investment Associate
- Nata Saslafsky- Lib Properties, Loan Officer
- Rabbi Samuel Kaye- The Temple, Assistant Rabbi – Committee Advisor
“We are thrilled to formally announce the JIFLA 2021-2022 Young Professional Committee, which is comprised of some of the brightest young Jewish minds in our community,” said Nancy Weissmann, Executive Director of JIFLA. “This motivated and diverse group of Jewish young professionals will allow our organization to expand its reach and help even more metro-Atlanta Jews maintain financial stability in challenging times.”
Additionally, JIFLA installed its Executive Board leadership, including:
- Laura Kahn, Co-President
- Adrienne Litt-Bishko, Co-President
- Avi Binstock, Treasurer
- Debbie Kalwerisky, Secretary
- Merrie Edelston, Loan Committee Co-Chair
- Daniel Frank, Loan Committee Co-Chair
- Lisa Marks, Board Trustee
- Jay Kessler, Board Trustee Emeritus
The combined work of JIFLA’s new Executive Board in partnership with the Young Professional Committee will work to ensure the organization is equipped to continue effectively connecting with and supporting each and every Jew that is able to take part in JIFLA’s interest-free loan program.
For more information on JIFLA and to learn about the organization’s loan programs, please visit www.jifla.org.
The Jewish Interest-Free Loan of Atlanta (JIFLA) helps Jewish community members overcome challenging financial periods and maintain financial stability by providing interest-free loans. For more information, please call 470.268.5665 or email [email protected] Visit JIFLA.org and follow JIFLA’s social channels on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.