IMPACT REPORT 2023
A Letter from Our Executive Director
JIFLA’s impact extends far beyond our individual recipients, creating a positive ripple effect throughout our community. Your support in 2023 played a crucial role in altering the financial paths of Jewish individuals and families. Following last year’s numbers, 2023 brought increased loan inquiries and loan volume. Underscoring the continued demand for financial solutions, debt, and debt consolidation loans once again led our approved loan volume at 27% of the 2023 loan volume.
An important priority for 2023 was to identify opportunities to better serve our borrower needs and to reach our ever-expanding community demographics. In our ongoing efforts to communicate our mission, we have updated our website, organization logo, and name. If you have not yet explored our updated website, we invite you to visit JIFLA.org. We value your feedback and would love to hear your thoughts on the enhancements we have made.
A few highlights from our 2023 Impact Report:
- $328,515 interest-free loans approved
- 48 borrower loans paid in full
- Enhanced volunteer and community engagement
- Strengthened ties with community members and Jewish organizations throughout Georgia Established a Governance Task Force to review and update our bylaws
- Conducted Financial Literacy and Smart Money Habits Classes, educating various age groups, including teens, seniors, and young professionals
- Offered valuable assistance to our borrowers and the community via access to our free financial coaching program
Like you, we continue to watch and pray for a successful end to the war in Israel and safe return of the hostages. We are proud to support recovery efforts of Israeli citizens impacted by the war with a guaranteed interest-free loan to Ogen, our sister free loan agency in Israel.
These and other successful initiatives are possible due to the steady hand and direction of our wonderful volunteers, board members, and board chair, Danny Frank.
Looking ahead to 2024, we will continue to meet the increasing needs of our borrowers and their families with new loans, expanded programs, and partnerships, including our new maximum loan limit of $18,000.
On behalf of the board, staff, and our borrowers, THANK YOU sincerely for your support and friendship in 2023. We look forward to our continued partnership in 2024.
JIFLA in the Community
2023 New Loans
Hear From Our Borrowers
JIFLA has approved over $1.77M in interest-free loans assisting 390+ Jewish individuals and families since 2010.
We are proud of our individualized approach and education programs which have undoubtedly contributed to a 98% loan repayment rate.
Looking Ahead to 2024
We are poised for a busy and impactful 2024, with several new loans already approved and more applications in process. Below are some of our featured program opportunities and initiatives – we hope you will take advantage and share the information with others in your network of family and friends.
- Register for Summer Camp – New Jewish Summer Camp Loan Program Atlanta’s Jewish Camp Initiative and JIFLA have partnered to offer a streamlined loan process for Jewish families seeking financial assistance for overnight summer camp. Eligible applicants can now access fast-tracked loans of up to $3,000 to support their children’s camp experience.
- Schedule your FREE Financial Coaching session.
- Request a customized Financial Literacy Workshop for your group or organization.
And, of course, take advantage of our new $18,000 loan limit. See if you qualify.
Thank you to our donors and volunteers, you make a difference! There are many opportunities to support JIFLA in 2024. Please be in touch!